Instructions for a steam inhalation....
- Use one drop only of each essential oil, and no more than 4 or 5 different oils.
- Use a medium-size container suitable for boiling water. Stainless steel, plastic, pyrex or ceramic are the best options.
- Place a few drops of an emulsifier into the bottom of the bowl, then add one drop each of the essential oils.
- Prepare water to a temperature of about 70° Celsius (about 160° Fahrenheit), which is a little below boiling. (The temperature is not critical – it’s simply important that the water is very hot, but not boiling.)
- Place your face over the container, with a towel draped over your head, then carefully pour the very hot water into the bowl.
- Once you have safely put down the kettle, close your eyes to prevent the volatile gases from irritating the eyes.
- Breathe deeply, slowly and regularly, mainly through your nose, for a few minutes, and enjoy the relief.